January and February 2013
Gamestar(t) is run by girls and boys and teenagers, aged 8 to 16. This project aims to combine the advantages of technology in education with pedagogical innovation based on free pedagogy models.
Organised horizontally by assembly, the people taking part in the project decide for themselves how to carry it out, its contents and the knowledge to be acquired. The project structure corresponds to the structure of the self-managed learning space, where those taking part gather in the centre to act as the decision-making body. The project also has a gameteque (with games chosen by the participants themselves) and runs workshops on subjects according to the interests and requirements that emerge in the course of the activity.
Gamestar(t) intersects with art, technology and pedagogical innovation. While video games are central to the activity, it incorporates other technological and artistic elements to coexist with the games as more artistic-technological forms of creativity (comics, film, painting, music, sculpture, computer programming, etc).
- Gamestar(t) Explosion. 2 to 5 January, 4 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Meetings every Wednesday from 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm, and on Saturdays from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Open-Gamestar(t) round table. 9 February at 11 am.
- Special Gamestar(t) workshop. 16 February at 11.30 am.
- First Gamestar(t) Meeting on critical pedagogies. 23 and 24 February, at 11 am.